There are no words to describe this granola
Um, can I have some more, please?
As you probably already know, I’m a big fan of granola.
Granola for cereal.
And I like the recipe even more when it’s a no-bake recipe like the ones above.
So, I admit that I was skeptical about this granola recipe when my sweet, beautiful cousin gave it to me a while back. Because it’s baked. And while still a very simple recipe, I was super-spoiled to my no-bake granola recipes.
I finally made them. And there’s just no comparison. Baked granola is in its own category.
The toasted coconut flakes are so amazing.
And the roasted pecans.
Oh. My. Word.
It was love at first bite!
And the boys?
Well, they’re all over it.
Hayden even asked if we could eat it as cereal if we wanted. I guess we sure could.
You’ve gotta make this. Since ours is half-gone already, I’m planning on making another batch really soon, packaging it up in mason jars with pretty ribbons and tags and giving it as gifts this year!
I’ll be quiet now. And not because I could stop talking about how delicious this granola is….but because I need another bite of it.
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans – coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Craisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut and nuts.
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread on a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool. Add craisins and chocolate chips.