This is the homemade version of Wheat Thins and they are a snap to make.
And they’re healthier than most other crackers, and definitely fresher than a store-bought version. I like that I can use all organic ingredients, too.
The recipe, originally from King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking, makes about 60 or more (especially if you roll them thin) crackers. They’re the perfect crackers for little fingers, and go really great with raspberry chipotle cream cheese!
Whole Wheat Crackers
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons sucanat or sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In food processor bowl, combine flour, sugar or sucanat, salt, paprika, and butter.
- Pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add water and vanilla and pulse again until evenly combined.
- Form dough into ball and divide in half.
- Roll out as thin as possible.
- Using pizza cutter, cut into squares.
- Place crackers onto pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about ten minutes or until lightly browned.