Since we discovered that one of our boys has a mild allergy to wheat and rice, I’ve learned to keep one eye open for the best gluten-free recipes. And since we celebrate ten birthdays a year around here, I need a few tricks up my sleeve, you know?
The black bean chocolate cake is a huge hit around our house, so I decided I would try to find a good recipe for a vanilla cake, too. I saw a recipe at Modern Alternative Mama, and thought I would adapt it and see how it went. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but once again, a flourless, bean cake has impressed me! And not just me… The boys love it, too!
You can even make your own cream cheese icing in a snap using this recipe.
White Bean Vanilla Cake
- 3 cups white beans (I used Great Northern), drained
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 (heaping) cup honey
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Grease 9×13 pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Pulse cooked, drained, and COOLED white beans in food processor until completely smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend til thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 – 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack, uncovered, at least an hour.
- Carefully remove from pan by flipping onto baking sheet for best results.
- Frost with your favorite cream cheese icing, or try this recipe.