If you’re participating in the (currently discounted) 24 Day Challenge and wondering what foods to buy before you begin, consider this your go-to guide. Below you will find meal suggestions, several of which are linked to recipes. Just click each one to view recipe and see what items you’ll need to buy to make each one.
If you’re new to the challenge, here are a few quick things about the two phases.
The Two Phases of the 24 Day Challenge
The Cleanse Phase
- The Cleanse Phase includes the Herbal Cleanse, which is herbal cleanse caplets, probiotics, and a citrus fiber drink. It also includes Spark energy drink, and Omegaplex.
- This phase is the first phase of the 24 Day Challenge, and is ten days long.
- Unlike other herbal cleanses, this one is gentle yet very effective. Many people lose several pounds during this phase of the challenge.
- Look at the Cleanse Phase like the detox portion of your challenge. Getting rid of wastes and toxins, and setting up your gut for good health before you begin focusing on rebuilding nutrition so that your body is ready to properly absorb it just makes sense.
The Max Phase
- The Max Phase includes MNS (Metabolic Nutrition System), and there are three options. MNS Max 3 – for general nutrition, MNS Max C – for help with appetite control, and MNS Max E – for increased energy. This phase also includes Spark energy drink, your choice of flavors of meal replacement shake, and Omegaplex – those important Omega 3′s.
Optional Companion Products
- Carb-Ease Plus – for those who tend to eat too many carbs
- ThermoPlus – for those who want additional help burning calories
- Catalyst – helps repair and protect muscle tissue
Food and Drink Recommendations for the 24 Day Challenge
It is recommended that you drink the number of ounces of water per day that is equal to your body weight divided by 2. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, then you should drink 75 ounces of water per day.
Think Lean, Green, and Clean when it comes to food for the 24 Day Challenge.
Great protein options include: chicken breast, eggs, ground turkey, tilapia, salmon, tuna, turkey breast.
Lightly cooked, steamed, grilled, or raw veggies with healthy fats like coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil are recommended. For a splash of flavor, try fresh lemon juice, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or Italian seasoning.
When it comes to carbs, you CAN have them – just choose the smart kind like: beans, lentils, oats, quinoa, potatoes (not a hashbrown casserole), and whole grains. And keep the focus OFF the carbs and ON the greens and lean proteins.
Of course fruit, nuts, and seeds are recommended, as well as cheese, milk, and yogurt.
Meal Options for the 24 Day Challenge
The following are only suggestions. Click on meals to view recipe. Some meals may be used more than once. Many meals may be easily modified. For instance, a grilled chicken and veggies meal can be totally customized to please your taste buds. Replace chicken with fish, and choose your favorite vegetables and seasonings, etc.
Breakfast – Choose one group. Be creative. Switch things up each morning.
- super smoothies
- strawberry banana smoothies
- scrambled eggs, 1 slice whole wheat toast with real butter, piece of fruit
- cinnamon oatmeal, piece of fruit
- frozen meal replacement shake (Chocolate Mocha is our favorite.)
- turkey sausage, one egg, one cup orange juice
- fruit and yogurt parfait
- whole grain cereal and milk
- granola with milk
- hummus and raw bell peppers
- one avocado sprinkled with fresh lemon juice, sea salt, and cracked black pepper, salad with healthy dressing
- spring mix salad with grilled chicken or turkey, healthy vinaigrette
- grilled chicken breast, smothered in pepper jack cheese, topped with fresh pico de gallo
- garden salad wrap – whole wheat tortilla, romaine lettuce, carrot and cabbage strips, fresh tomato, cheese, dressing
- chicken breast, steamed or roasted vegetables, one serving brown rice or quinoa
- quinoa chicken chili topped with fresh cilantro and grated cheddar
- tuna sandwich on whole wheat
- crock pot chicken and vegetables
- chicken soup
- garlic lemon chicken and pasta
- baked salmon, quinoa, steamed broccoli
- baked tilapia, mashed cauliflower, steamed asparagus with lemon and butter
- cobb salad with cubed chicken or turkey, boiled eggs, grated cheddar, chopped onions, carrots, tomato, and healthy vinaigrette
- chicken tortilla soup with fresh pico and guacamole or avocado slices
- turkey chili with grated jack cheese
- grilled chicken and veggies
- chicken lettuce wraps
- chili chicken tacos with guacamole
- black bean tacos on whole wheat tortillas with salsa and sour cream
- vegetable beef stew, cornbread
- lemon chicken, rice, green beans
- spaghetti with homemade sauce and salad
- sour cream chicken enchiladas, black beans, brown rice
If you haven’t ordered your challenge yet, it’s not too late. You can order here.