You may remember the time when I
loved was addicted to vanilla coffee creamer. Of course, not this healthy, homemade version, but the store-bought version full of high fructose corn syrup and 50 other things that aren’t good for humans to consume. I completely let that habit go when I committed to 42 Days to Fit, and can honestly say that several of those first pounds I shed (I lost 8 the first week) were due to giving up the processed sugar coffee additive.
You never read there that I don’t miss the flavor, though. But not going back, I decided I would make my own. And you know what? It’s so easy you can’t believe it!!
Here’s the simple recipe for wholesome vanilla coffee creamer with just three ingredients (or four, depending on your preference.)
Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup heavy cream (or 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stir maple syrup and vanilla extract into cream (or cream/milk mixture).
- In small saucepan over medium heat, stir mixture for just a couple minutes without bringing to boil. You need just enough heat to mingle the flavors together.
- Stir into your favorite coffee while warm.
- Store in refrigerator.