You might remember seeing the recipe for Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Scrub, which was largely successful in aiding my poor arms and shoulders. After using an entire jar of this delicious-smelling scrub, I decided I needed to make a body butter to go along with it. So, of course, Vanilla Body Butter was born.
It smells AND looks pretty much like cake icing.
So easy to make, and with no yucky chemicals, who wouldn’t love this stuff!?! I know I would love to get this as a Christmas gift, which is why I’ll be making some for a few people this year. (Shhh…don’t tell.)
Vanilla Body Butter
*Use scant measurements of each, since whipping this mixture makes it fluffy and won’t quite fit into a one-cup jar.
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil together on LOW HEAT in small saucepan. Do not boil. Leave on stove just long enough for oils to melt. Stir constantly.
- Remove oil mixture from stove, and pour into metal or glass bowl.
- Add almond oil and vanilla extract, then stir.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes or until mixture has started to solidify.
- Mix on high speed until very fluffy and stiff peaks form. This may take several minutes. Attempting to mix before liquid has cooled enough will not produce the whipped, buttery texture. If still liquidy, place in freezer for a few more minutes, then try again.
- Store in half-pint mason jar.
- Use as daily moisturizer.