Want an easy, healthy AND quick meal for your family? Tired of the same ol’ meals?
Then try this! Tilapia is light and fluffy and mild. And it’s so easy to remove from the freezer the night before and marinate over night. Or, if you don’t remember in time, just let the fish marinate while you’re prepping salad and other foods for dinner.
I’ve experimented and this is by far our family’s favorite marinade recipe. This is for 8 fillets, so feel free to reduce the marinade by half (or whatever other fraction you might need).
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- some salt and pepper
- Stir and then pour the mixture over the fish in a glass pyrex dish.
- Cover and marinate for an hour or so.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes (depending on your oven and how many fillets you’re cooking).
I like to serve our fish with brown rice or quinoa and vegetables.