Most pregnant moms will try eating anything if they think it will help them feel better when they have morning/all day sickness. I’m one of those moms.
When I first learned I was pregnant this time, I brainstormed and made a list of things to help me feel better.
Eating beans was NOT on the list.
Beans? Yes, beans.
Since I wrote that article, I first read at Life in a Shoe, then discovered for myself, how beans are by far, the best help in treating and preventing nausea. It’s a bile thing, and you can read about it here, thanks to Visionary Womanhood for sharing that link.
So far, here’s what I’ve learned when using the bean method:
- Eat beans for breakfast.
- Lentils don’t work quite as well as beans.
- Bean dip, while very yummy, does not work as well as beans.
- Eat beans for lunch.
- Eating beans straight from the bowl, with no fru-fru-ness added to them is best.
- Refried beans and cheese burritos work, but beware of the greasy cheese. Go easy.
- Eat beans with dinner.
- Even just a small portion with your dinner will help.
- When you think you’re over the morning/all day sickness, do not stop eating beans.
- Eat beans until the nausea is completely gone, for sure, no doubt in your mind.
- Keeping beans in your system regularly helps keep the nausea away. Don’t break the cycle.
- It gets boring eating beans, but you make friends with them fast.
- You learn to quickly explore new recipes and you also suddenly remember all fast food options for bean-based meals. My favorite was a burrito bowl from Chipotle……with pintos AND black beans.
- You appreciate, more than ever, the recipe for easiest tacos ever (black beans).
- Pintos, for whatever reason, seem to work the best.
You’ve gotta try it to believe it! 🙂