Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 107:1
I’m thankful for so much that I can’t narrow it down to one specific thing to write about this Thursday.
Wow. That’s a humbling sentence to write.
In random order, this is what’s on the top of my list that I am thankful for this morning (that my pregnant brain can remember):
- I had a horrendous headache as I went to bed last night and it is gone this morning.
- Sunshine that floods my living room and kitchen.
- Hot coffee with hazelnut creamer.
- Homemade buttermilk biscuits – even if I haven’t figured out the perfect recipe yet.
- Bacon cooked on a sheet pan in the oven that every single one of my boys LOVE!
- The fact that I need to cook TWO pounds of bacon to satisfy all my boys’ bacon cravings at breakfast.
- Rubbermaid containers that I’m filling with out-of-season clothes to put away.
- Hand-me-down clothes for all of my boys except the oldest.
- The fact that Nolan may not need surgery on his knee after all.
- The 14 weeks or so that I have left to finish organizing this house.
- Nesting mode that always hits like crazy around this time.
- Homemade, crocheted blankets for my newborn.
- The anticipation of holding my newborn.
- My husband’s good job.
- This new fall, crisp, cool weather.
- That I get to host Thanksgiving dinner this year.
- For my Mom and Grandma’s recipes for all those Thanksgiving foods and pies.
- Cookies late at night.
- All the homeschool materials that I could need or want to read to and teach my children from.
- Fresh paint on once-ugly-white walls.
- Good food for our family.
- Good friends.
- Banana bread in the bread machine.
- The silliness of little boys.
- Relaxing at night in the living room, watching the silliness of those little boys, and laughing with my husband, as each of us watch in admiration.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10
So very thankful.