This meal is a huge hit in our family! The sky is the limit as far as ingredients go. You can pile this taco shell full of your favorite Mexican goodies.
I forgot to take a picture of the refrigerated taco salad shells I bought, but this is what I used and they are so easy to make and taste delicious!
A great family fun night meal!
- taco salad shells
- browned, seasoned taco meat (I use hamburger.)
- cooked white or brown rice (I make a small amount. Two cups is plenty.)
- kidney beans (I use canned, and simply season and heat.)
- iceberg lettuce
- chopped avocado or guacamole
- chopped tomato and/or salsa
- chopped onion and/or fresh pico de gallo
- sour cream
- homemade queso
- grated cheddar, jack, or colby jack or Mexican cheese blend
- creamy jalapeno ranch dip
***Prepare all fresh toppings ahead of time.***
- Brown and season taco meat.
- Heat beans.
- Steam rice.
- Bake taco salad shells.
- Assemble taco salad bowls: Pile on rice, then queso, then taco meat, beans, lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, pico, and creamy jalapeno ranch dip. Or any other order and mix of ingredients your little ol’ heart desires.