Unbelievably delicious and SO nutritious, this smoothie can completely replace a breakfast or lunch! Or, enjoy as a mid-day pick-me-up,energizing kind of snack. We love to make a pitcher full at lunch or mid-afternoon just before soccer or baseball practice.
Picky eaters? This is the perfect smoothie for sneaking in raw spinach or fruits they don’t normally eat, carrots, cabbage, you name it! The sweetness from all the fruits and vanilla yogurt definitely hide any hint of veggie flavor that even your most suspicious child might be looking for.
Really, you could put anything into a “green” superfood smoothie like this. Explore. See what tastes good to you and your family. Be creative. Have fun!
This recipe makes one full pitcher, serving 4-6 people depending on serving size. Divide recipe in half to make smaller batch.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup or more of frozen organic peaches
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 2 cups organic vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup or more raw organic spinach
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1-2 cups frozen organic strawberries
- Place softer foods at bottom of blender pitcher, like bananas.
- Alternate softer foods with frozen foods for easier mixing.
- Mix on highest speed until well blended. Stir to check for any chunks that didn’t get mixed in, then blend again if necessary.