By Contributing Writer, Candace
Skip the oven heat at dinnertime and whip up this beautiful summer salad.
It’s healthy. It’s fresh. And it’s absolutely delicious!
It has become one of our family’s favorite meals. It’s also a perfect dish for entertaining or taking to a Sunday potluck. Your family and friends will love it.
It’s versatile, so feel free to change up ingredients and make it you own!
Summer Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- 12-16 oz. tri-color bowtie pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped (or 2 T dried)
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the pasta and stir. Cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Add reserved cooking water, and toss to combine. Can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Variation: Make it a complete meal by adding grilled chicken.
Yield: 8 (2-cup) servings. This serves our family of 12 since we have lots of little ones.