These sugar cookies are so much fun to make with little ones and the recipe is so simple and delicious!
The dough tastes very close to chocolate chip cookie dough, so watch out if you need to make a lot of sugar cookies! It’s too tempting to eat straight out of the mixing bowl!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients except flour and baking powder.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out cookies onto powdered sugar.
- Cut out shapes.
- Place on very lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until done. Do not over-bake.
- Cool, then frost with favorite icing and sprinkles.