I’ve always loved banana nut bread. And this is close, for sure, but with a special twist, of course, with the addition of fresh strawberries.
When I saw a recipe for this yummy bread, I just knew it was one I would have to give a try. Of course, I modified it since I like to use whole wheat flour and sucanat when possible.
It is absolutely scrumptious!
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup sucanat
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries (I really appreciate the smaller pieces.)
- Stir dry ingredients together in small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mash bananas, then add butter, eggs, and vanilla, and stir til combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir til combined again.
- Fold in diced strawberries.
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until done.