What a yummy treat!
Recipes for baked chickpeas abound, and as simple as they are to make, I can see why. These are a fun new snack for our family, that even our two-year-old loves.
Chickpeas are a great source of protein, as well as fiber, so they’re perfect for a quick energy boost! I think I’ll keep some of these handy for eating a few minutes before exercising, and especially running this week.
Experiment with the recipe, as the flavor possibilities are endless. And also, you can make these softer or crunchier by simply adjusting your baking time.
Spicy Baked Chickpeas
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- Drain chickpeas, and place on paper towels to dry while mixing spices and oil.
- In small mixing bowl, place 1/8 cup of olive oil and the spices, and mix.
- With remaining olive oil, grease baking sheet.
- Pour chickpeas into bowl and turn carefully to coat.
- Place chickpeas in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes, turning (or rotating by gently shaking pan back and forth) or until desired crispness. Be careful not to over-bake, since the chickpeas continue to crisp up once removed from oven.