This is one of the easiest meals and the boys just love it!
It’s perfect for nights when we need to eat quickly and get to practice, and if we’re in a real rush, we can even wrap them in foil and take with us.
I like this recipe that I’ve come up with because it doesn’t have sugar in it, like most others. It also doesn’t have ketchup in it. I just don’t get why one would put ketchup in this. Or sugar, for that matter.
So here it is. My recipe for Sloppy Janes. Or Joes. Or whatever you want to call them.
- 2 pounds ground meat
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -3 dashes of Tobasco sauce
- In large saucepan, melt butter, then throw in onion.
- Salt onion, stir and cover. Allow to cook on medium low heat until onions are soft.
- Place hamburger meat in pan with onions. Crumble, stir, and brown.
- Drain any extra grease.
- Add garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
- Add tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, and finally Tobasco sauce. Stir and allow to cook for several more minutes. Taste, then add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve on buttered, toasted hamburger buns.