These saltdough handprints are an easy way to capture memories of our little ones.
The recipe is three ingredients and takes about five minutes to prep.
You can also use the same recipe to make cookie cutter ornaments.
This recipe makes barely enough for seven boys’ handprints, so if you have more kids than that, be sure you double it.
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- Mix salt and flour in mixer.
- Add water, then mix til dough doesn’t stick to sides of bowl.
- Roll out onto lightly floured surface.
- To make handprints, form ball, then roll out to approximate size of each child’s hand, then impress hand.
- Remove from floured surface carefully and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for four to six hours or until hardened.
- Cool, then paint if you wish. Be sure you write each child’s name and date somewhere on each handprint or ornament.