This is a hearty, nutritious, delicious dish that your whole family can enjoy. The recipe fills a crock pot almost to the brim, which leaves our family just enough for dinner and a couple of bowls for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and chiles (like Rotel)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- Place chicken in crock pot set to high heat.
- Sprinkle seasonings and minced garlic directly onto chicken, and stir a few times to coat evenly.
- Cover slow cooker, then chop onion. Gather other ingredients. Finish your morning routine, leaving the chicken in the crock pot alone for an hour if you have it. (If you don’t, proceed directly to next step.)
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on medium heat, covered, for 6 to 8 eight hours. (The longer you cook it, the lower the heat setting, as a general rule.)
- Top with fresh cilantro, jack cheese, lime wedges, and your favorite tortilla chips.