The boys have been asking and asking for me to make a pumpkin pie lately. I guess they’re as ready for fall and all the yumminess that comes with it as I am.
I use the traditional Libby’s famous pumpkin pie recipe since that’s all I’ve ever known and I think it’s perfect the way it is! Of course, I don’t completely follow all the directions for mixing. Do I ever? And I do use my own, homemade pie crust.
So delicous! No need for whipped cream here!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- Mix all ingredients together except milk.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then for 40 minutes more at 350.
- Remove from oven when the middle is no longer jiggly.
This post is linked to Eat at Home.