This might smell good enough to eat, and you may even need to remind your children NOT to.
The perfect playdough for this time of year! Pull out your cookie cutters in the shapes of pumpkins, acorns, leaves, whatever else and make craft time something different and new!
Pumpkin Pie Scented Playdough
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 8 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 container (1 1/2 ounces) pumpkin pie spice ***You can use a combination of cinnamon and cloves if you don’t have this pumpkin pie spice. I added a bit extra to mine and it smelled awesome!***
- orange food coloring (2 parts yellow/1 part red)
- 4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until lumps disappear.
- Let cool just long enough so that you can knead the dough on a floured surface til smooth.
What are some fall crafts and activities you enjoy with your children?
Also see recipe for peppermint playdough for the holidays here.