If you and your family enjoyed pumpkie pie scented playdough, then you’re going to love this!
This is such a fun craft to do with little ones!
Make a batch of white, and a batch of red and your kids will have a blast making snowmen, candy canes and pretend cookies.
Don’t be intimidated by the fact that it takes a few minutes of cooking time. It’s easy and fast. And it’s worth it.
I keep this stuff in a big ziploc bag and it lasts through the season (at least) for our boys. They spend hours and hours at the kitchen table with cookie cutters crafting whatever their imaginations and hearts desire.
Such a great activity for them to be doing while I’m at the stove during chaos hour, too. (You DO know what I’m talking about, right?)
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups salt
- 8 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons peppermint extract
- 4 cups water
- one (1 oz.) bottle red food coloring
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook in saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until very thick.
- Let cool just long enough so that you can knead the dough on a floured surface til smooth. It will take a few minutes to work in all the red food coloring.
- Store in airtight container.