Thanksgiving and Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without this delicious treat!
My favorite pies for the holidays are pumpkin, chocolate, coconut, and pecan pie, using all the same recipes my Mom and Grandma used.
I love to make my own pie crusts, and with only three ingredients, it’s super simple to do. You can find the recipe for this easy pie crust here.
The biggest trick with baking pecan pies is making sure not to burn the tops, but getting the middle done, especially when making a deep dish pie. Just peek in every few minutes, and if the tops are looking a little brown, cover the pie with foil very loosely. And of course, adjust baking temperatures and times according to your oven.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups pecans (I use halves.)
- 1 deep-dish pie crust
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or until done. Do not overbake. If pie crust begins to brown too much, cover with foil.
- Cool for at least two to three hours before serving.