You’ve probably read my post about how we save money on groceries by buying a lot of our food in bulk at Costco. So it’s not unusual to see a case of pears sitting on our kitchen counter. They usually only last a few days around here. Unless…the case of apples is set directly on top of the case of pears for the car ride home.
And alas, the magically aromatic pears, with their delicate skins have transpired into these amazingly moist, charming, and delicious muffins!
This recipe makes 24 large or 30 regular size muffins, and they are worth their weight in gold. Never having been a huge pear fan before, I had no idea that these would be my new favorite muffins. Oh, but they are!!
Divide recipe in half to make a dozen, but if you need to use up a few pears like I did, stick with the full-size recipe below. Either way, enjoy the enchanting aroma, and then the warm-your-heart flavor of these amazing muffins.
Pear Pecan Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (or canola or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups diced, peeled pears (1 large pear is about 1 cup.)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, and vanilla, then mix again. (Batter will seem too dry, but pears moisten it.)
- Add diced pears and pecans and mix just til combined.
- Fill greased muffin pan (or cupcake liners) 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 for 20 – 25 minutes or until done.