Oh my goodness. So good.
Not a bowl of pasta.
Not vegetable soup.
But all of the above. In a big, hearty bowl of comforting deliciousness.
Make this. It’s amazing. Eat it with a piece of crusty, hot bread with melting butter if you want….. And maybe sprinkle some parmesan cheese directly into your bowl.
Eat. Be happy.
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 – 3 carrots, diced
- 2 – 3 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can great northern beans or navy beans, drained
- Cook pasta tip done, drain, and set aside.
- In a large pot, brown sausage in a bit of olive oil, crumbling meat as you stir. Drain meat, then set aside.
- In same pot, and with remaining olive oil, cook garlic, onion, carrots, and celery til tender.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, 1 cup water, and the spices.
- Pour sausage back into mixture and stir. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and drained beans. Cook for another 10 minutes or until beans are hot.
- Serve immediately with parmesan on top. Enjoy!