2 pounds ground meat
1 package Italian dressing mix
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan (powdered kind in the green jar)
salt and pepper
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, break up meat into small chunks.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, Italian dressing mix, and the parmesan.
- With hands, mix thoroughly.
- Form into balls the size of golf balls.
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil (just enough to cover bottom of pan.)
- Throw in the onion and a little salt.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Remove from pan and place directly into pot of bubbling pasta sauce to finish cooking. (The inside may still be a bit raw, and that’s okay.) Cook in sauce for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ladle meatballs and sauce over fresh, al dente pasta, topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve with salad.
Recipe feeds 4 adults and a bunch of boys. 🙂 (And I suppose girls, too, but I can’t be sure.)