Our large family is getting larger y’all!
Our ninth child is expected to arrive in January 2015!!! We are a family of 11!! We couldn’t be more thrilled!
A few interesting thoughts concerning our family dynamics:
- Our oldest son Nolan will be 23 when this child begins Kindergarten.
- We don’t have to buy a bigger vehicle since we already drive a 14 passenger van.
- We don’t have enough bedrooms to comfortably fit all the beds we will soon need.
- We will probably enjoy this child together with a grandkid or two on our front porch.
- I don’t feel “too old” to be having a baby.
- The boys are excited, especially the younger ones, about their new sibling on the way!
- We were surprised. As much as a married couple can use that phrase.
- It’s harder being pregnant at 38 with 8 children already than it was my first few.
- We are getting stared out (think long, awkward, embarrassing stares) more than ever.
- At 38, after 10 previous pregnancies, this belly didn’t take long to make its appearance.
- All-day sickness with 8 kids is a challenge. I’ve learned more than ever my own tenacity for the slogan, “just keep running”. Each day is one foot in front of the other.
- I’m congratulating myself on reaching the second trimester and sickness easing up THIS WEEK! Thank you, Lord!
- We only told the boys a couple of weeks ago because we took our sweet time to tell any family or friends. Only supportive voices in our lives were made aware of our special blessing.
- Babies are always thrilling, always a gift, always welcome, and always special. Sharing news with nay-sayers just ain’t fun at all, y’all.
- I planned to finish my doula certification after our fifth baby, then after our sixth baby, then after our eighth baby. I began working towards that goal again just before I discovered I was pregnant with our ninth. I’m finishing it this time! 😉
- I haven’t done well cooking lately, since I have mostly just been trying to hold down food while taking care of our family. I’m ready to be back in my Big Family Food groove.
- I feel extremely blessed.
- I don’t know what I would have done without my essential oils these past few months!
- We don’t know the gender yet. Of course we would be thrilled if it is a girl, but we know the drill with boys.
- I feel honored to be having a baby at 38. I wish I’d known 17 years ago with my first pregnancy what I know now.
- If this baby IS a girl, you’ve never seen so much pink in all your life.
- If this baby IS a girl, no, sir. She will not be a tomboy.
- If this baby IS a girl, you’re probably right. She won’t date til she’s 30 due to her protective tribe of brothers.
- If this baby IS a girl, I can hardly wait for the privilege, honor, and joy of fulfilling my motherly duty to teach her to cook, manage the home with delight, to sew, to quilt, to crochet, to bake, to nurture, to sing, to play, to dance, to enjoy being the woman God made her to be.
- If I hear another complete stranger say to me in front of my children, “You poor thing!” in reference to my number of boys, I promise I will pray for them right there in public! (Kidding. Sort of.)
- If this baby is a boy, we will continue in our efforts to train boys into godly, equipped men who are respectful, hard-working, courageous, noble, honorable, integrous, and loving.
- Children are a blessing. The end.