It seems like they’re the cookie that’s forgotten about, at least for us, anyway.
And I don’t know why I forget about them….Because every time I make them, they disappear just as fast as some of our other favorites.
(butter, peanut butter, sugar mixture)
(mixed peanut butter cookie dough)
I used all organic ingredients, but the recipe works the same either way. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (If cold, place in bowl and microwave for 20 seconds.)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In mixer bowl, mix peanut butter, butter and sugars til well blended.
- Add in eggs, then vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in slowly and mix on medium speed til blended. If necessary, stop mixer, scrape the sides of bowl, and mix again.
- With a one-inch cookie scoop, place cookies on cookie sheet. Mash with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 9 minutes. Cookies should be just starting to turn golden around the edges. Do not overbake.
- Let cookies cool on pan for several minutes. They lift right off the pan.