I don’t have a recipe for orange chicken sauce, so this is a cheat recipe. I used the bottled stuff and it just doesn’t get any easier than this semi-homemade version of orange chicken and vegetables served over rice.
The boys love it. I love it. It’s easy to make. And although not made from all organic ingredients, it is still better than eating fast food for dinner. It’s fresher AND cheaper.
Orange Chicken and Vegetables
- one (25 ounce) bag frozen popcorn chicken
- one (20 ounce) bottle Panda Express Orange Chicken sauce (bought mine at Walmart)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- steamed white or brown rice
- Grease cookie sheet and heat frozen chicken in oven according to package directions. (About ten minutes at 425.)
- Cut veggies into long slices.
- Cook rice and leave to steam while cooking vegetables.
- Place small amount of oil in sauce pan and cook vegetables til just tender.
- Pour entire bottle of sauce onto veggies, add cooked chicken and stir.
- Cook for just a minute or two, stirring frequently.
- Serve over bed of rice.