Before you take a glance at the ingredient list, let me tell you that these little brownie bites are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! They also only take five minutes to mix up! And one of the sweetest marvels of these little wonders is that they are gluten-free!
Now, I know what some of you are thinking, because I used to think the same thing when I would come across a gluten-free recipe when I thought we didn’t really need gluten-free recipes for our family. I would click away and look for something with the “traditional” ingredients like white flour and white sugar, because, let’s face it – we’re accustomed to the taste of those foods in our culture.
But, more and more, I’m finding that not only do we like the taste of many gluten-free desserts, but quite often, I feel better about serving them to our family. So, now that you didn’t click away, even if you don’t need to try gluten-free recipes, I invite you to anyway on the basis of good flavor and good health.
These little babies will NOT disappoint!
Now. I hereby grant you permission to view the ingredient list of these delightful no-bake brownie bites!
No-Bake Brownie Bites
*Recipe makes about 12 – 18 bite size brownie balls.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Place dates in food processor and pulse til as finely ground as possible.
- Add almonds to food processor and pulse til ground.
- Add walnuts and mix again til well blended.
- Next, add cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut oil, and mix til all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Press into 8×8 pan (greased with coconut oil) OR simply roll into bite-size balls.
- Store covered, counter-top or in fridge.