Another Monday has arrived, and after a wonderful Spring Break, we’re back to the books this week. And of course, I am back to menu planning!
Can I just tell you that I love routine? Not so much a hard schedule, but routine…predictability…I like it. Menu planning helps me avoid the dreaded “what are we going to eat” crisis at 5:00 every day. It helps me get all my shopping done in one trip. And it keeps our spending down because we’re making less trips, too.
Over the years, I’ve tried two week menu plans, but that is TOO much planning ahead for me. We might change our mind about what we want. Or we might need a pot of chicken soup if someone’s feeling yucky. Or we might run out of certain items needed for whatever reason. So a one week menu plan works best, especially for this large family.
Here’s what we’re cooking this week:
- hummus and veggies
- turkey sandwiches
- bean and cheese burritos
- mac and cheese
- See Easy Healthy Lunch List
- vegetable beef stew and cornbread
- chicken spaghetti and salad
- Mexican chicken and black bean soup, chips, salsa, guacamole
- tilapia, rice, green beans, salad, rolls
- smothered chicken, rice, steamed veggies, salad