I’m always glad for the weekend to be here, and then I’m always glad when it’s Monday, too. Back to routine and structure, my Type A brain thrives here.
I’ve been doing terribly at sticking to my menu plans lately, and I’ll blame it on busy-ness, but I’m serious this week about creating one I can truly pull off for our busy family. What is it with this time of year being so busy, anyway?
I was perusing Pinterest for a few new meal ideas and I saw this Cornbread Chili Skillet meal. She had me at Cornbread. Oh, and chili. And skillet. I wish I had a whole cookbook of skillet meals! So, I think I’m trying it tonight!! Hamburger meat is already thawed, so no excuses, yall!
Here’s the rest of the menu for the week!
served with fruit and/or juice
- tuna sandwiches
- grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
- hummus and pita chips (organic, store-bought)
- See Easy, Healthy Lunch List
- Cornbread Chili Skillet
- Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice and Vegetables (Crock Pot and Rice Cooker will do the work!)
- (Loaded) Baked Potato and Salad Bar
- Tortilla-Crusted Tilapia (from Costco) with Rice and Steamed Veggies and Pico de Gallo
- Pepper Jack Smothered Pico de Gallo Marinated Chicken Breast with Black Beans, Rice, Chips and Guacamole (Drool…)