Making my home a haven takes a heart for my home, sure, but it also requires some practical work to keep things running smoothly. I’m the most present, and the most effective mother when I’m not frazzled, and a bit of prescribed order at the start of my day can be a huge help.
A morning routine can help you start your day off productively, and sometimes just setting this tone for the day can make a big difference.
Each morning, after some hot coffee and a few minutes of devotion, and before I ever start my diffuser, I do these five things to help stay on top of our family chores.
5 Things To Do in a Morning Routine
1. Start the washing machine. If your laundry is already done from the day before, congratulations. I, however, will need to start the washer every morning for the next two decades.
2. Start the dishwasher. No matter how hard I try to avoid having dishes in the morning, inevitably, someone eats or drinks once I have closed the kitchen down for the night, and then almost every single morning, someone eats breakfast!
3. Empty the dryer, and fold and put away those clothes. I know. Your favorite chore in the history of ever.
4. Do a quick clean of the kitchen and living room. Having the major living areas neat and tidy helps start the day off right. Plus, it gets you warmed up to do it again 18 times today!
5. Get everyone dressed for the day, including you! Want to know why you find yourself still in your pj’s at lunch time sometimes? It’s because you didn’t put yourself on the list. Now you’re on the list.