I have sweet memories growing up in the kitchen with my Mom, Grandma and sisters. My older sister had a real knack for knowing exactly which desserts were most mouth-watering, and this one definitely tops the list! We made these together at least a bajillion times.
They’re buttery. And creamy. And melty. And chocolatey. But they’re also crunchy. And crisp where the graham cracker peeks up around the edges, in perfect harmony with the coconut and pecans. They’re like s’mores made with Mounds bars, on steroids.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I love making these at Christmas time.
Or during the summer, in spite of the heat. Because…
I just have to have them.
Oh yes. They are that good.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed Milk
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Grease 9×13 pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in bowl, then pour into pan. Spread evenly, pressing down.
- Pour condensed milk over the graham cracker mixture.
- Layer chocolate chips, coconut flakes, then nuts. Press down lightly with fork.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted.
- Let cool, then cut into bars.