My essential oil journey began many years ago when I decided I wanted to provide a less toxic, more natural home environment for our family. What began with buying a bottle of tea tree oil here and a bottle of lavender oil there, from my local health food store and to use in our home only on occasion, has slowly evolved into our family having a full-blown essential oil arsenal to turn to for natural remedies on a daily basis.
I use essential oils for everything from insect repellent to respiratory support to air freshener to relaxing baths.
Here are a few of my favorite oils and how I use them in our home on a daily basis.
Every day, I diffuse an oil or oil blend, depending on what I am in the mood for, or what the boys may need.
Frankincense is a fun one to diffuse on Christmas Day, or any other day, for that matter.
Peace & Calming works really well for busy homeschool days when some of the boys need a little help concentrating on their books instead of fighting. Seriously. If you have boys, you need a little Peace & Calming. Or Stress Away. Or both.
Speaking of Stress Away, for those intense days with lots packed in the schedule and tension in the air, this oil helps calm and soothe. It is absolutely one of my favorites!
I also wear a few drops every day either on the back of my neck, behind my ears, or on my wrists. My favorites for this are Joy, Stress Away, and of course, Lavender.
I use essential oils in my bath almost every single day. Here are a few oils that I use for different purposes:
Valor when I need a little boost of “I can do this!” today.
Purification for a detox bath when I feel like I am coming down with something.
Lavender for baths just before bed to help me relax and drift off to sleep easily.
Thieves for when one of the boys is coming down with a cold or fever to help boost their immune system.
Many essential oils work well for a wide range of ailments, so I use a few of them for multiple things.
Peppermint oil for reducing headache, fever, and nausea.
Lavender for calming fussy babies (or me) and for minor skin irritations.
Thieves is one I don’t leave home without! A natural immune system support, I don’t want to go anywhere without my Thieves.
Thieves can be used in a number of ways including:
- placing a drop in the palm of your hand, rubbing hands together, then cupping them over your nose to inhale
- diffusing to keep the air fresh in your home.
- rubbing on the bottoms of feet to help maintain a healthy immune system. I try to rub this on the boys’ feet often.
- adding a few drops with a cup of epsom salt to the bath while you soak
- as a quick “hand sanitizer” while out in busy, public places.
All Natural Household Cleaners
I love using essential oils in our home for cleaning, not only because they smell amazing, but because they are completely safe and such a wonderful alternative to toxic commercial cleaning products. Here are a few ways I use essential oils to keep our home clean.
- I make an all-purpose spray using Melaleuca essential oil.
- I love to use a tablespoon of olive oil with a few drops of Clove essential oil on a cloth for dusting and polishing wood furniture.
- I make our own glass and mirror cleaner using vinegar, water, and Lemon essential oil.
- For a powerful tub and tile cleaner, I mix baking soda, water, and Melaleuca oil together, scrub, then pour on or spray vinegar and scrub or swish again. Squeaky clean!
- I mix up an easy foaming kitchen hand soap, and depending on the time of year and the festivities, I might use Peppermint, Lavender, Orange, Lemon, or even Eucalyptus!
Are you ready to jump in to this wonderful world of caring for yourself and your family naturally with essential oils?? The time is now to take charge of your health! Click here to learn more or message me with any questions you may have. I’m glad to help you get started!
If you’re ready to sign up today, click here. Just be sure and leave it marked for distributor so that you can take advantage of wholesale prices. This doesn’t mean you have to sell. But it does mean you won’t pay full retail prices as a customer. 🙂