Need a new, easy chicken recipe? Something different?
Tired of plain baked chicken? Plain grilled chicken?
I was too. And we eat a lot of chicken around here, so I have to get creative.
This parmesan chicken is great, because unlike its traditional fried recipe, this one is baked using only a small amount of olive oil. One of my favorite things about this recipe is the fact that we get to eat it with the easiest spaghetti ever (another one of our family’s favorite dishes!)
Prep is simple and cooking time is short.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken
*Recipe is easily cut in half for smaller groups.
- 5 or 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- 2 packages Italian dressing mix
- Slice chicken breasts in half. Set on paper towels and pat them, if necessary, to remove excess water. (You don’t want them dry, but too much water will make the coating gummy.)
- In medium size mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and Italian dressing mix.
- Coat chicken pieces one at a time, and lay on well greased baking sheet. I use olive oil. Cooking spray would work.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve atop your favorite pasta and next to a great salad.