I have to admit that when my husband heard we were having mashed cauliflower with dinner, he was less than excited. But before I had even had a chance to ask, he had already declared that we was very pleasantly surprised.
This is so delicious! Creamy, light, yet somehow hearty! You have got to try it!
Everyone in our family loves this new dish that can serve as a substitution for mashed potatoes, or just because you need a change.
You can adjust the garlic to your family’s preference. No more than two cloves per head of cauliflower, for sure!
Here’s the easy, simple recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Wash cauliflower, and separate into big chunks.
- Steam cauliflower for about 15 minutes or so, or until you can easily mash it with a fork.
- Place steamed cauliflower into food processor, and pulse til smooth.
- Add in 1 garlic clove and 4 Tablespoons butter and some salt, then pulse til smooth again.
- Taste mashed cauliflower. Add another garlic clove (and pulse again) if desired. If not, it’s ready to serve!