This is one of those easy, healthy, versatile, one-pot dishes that you can whip up quickly.
Wait. I just said everything I needed to say in that one sentence……
Okay, so it’s easy because you just throw boiled noodles, raw veggies, olive oil and chicken in a pot and you’ve got dinner.
Healthy because, well, you read the ingredients.
It’s versatile because you can modify this recipe to fit ANY need of your family. Make more. Make less. Make it with peppers. Or use mushrooms and tomatoes. Or use squash. Use rotini pasta or plain old spaghetti noodles. It doesn’t matter. None. Not one bit.
I broiled my chicken, then sliced it into fajita slices…..but it would be great pulled, too.
I used red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, raw spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Oh. My. Word.
This is how I like to eat.
Garlic Lemon Chicken and Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- lemon pepper seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 handfuls raw spinach, roughly chopped
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- juice of one lemon
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- Drizzle each chicken breast with olive oil and lemon juice, then sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt. Place in broiler until done.
- Boil pasta just til done. (I like to boil my pasta in chicken broth for this dish.)
- Slice or pull apart chicken.
- Saute vegetables (excluding spinach) in 2 or 3 Tablespoons olive oil in large pot.
- Add chicken and drained noodles and stir.
- Cook for a couple minutes, stirring often.
- Add in chopped spinach and stir.
- Add more lemon pepper and/or salt if desired.