Oh my word, this stuff is good!
And the best part? All the ingredients are pantry staples!!
You’ll never need to buy canned enchilada sauce again!
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In saucepan, combine oil, flour, and chili powder.
- Over low heat, stir constantly until bubbly and thickened. (About five minutes or so.)
- Whisk in water.
- Add tomato sauce and whisk til well blended.
- Add spices and stir.
- Cook until thickened, ten minutes or less.