I first saw these easy toffee bars on Pinterest not long ago. And being the toffee lover that I am, I just couldn’t forget about them.
I would click on the picture and drool and tell myself, YES, I can make these soon.
And the time has come. The time is now.
They are amazingly good and I wish that I had found the recipe sooner in life.
Easy Toffee Bars
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package chocolate chips
- optional toppings: pecan pieces or sprinkles
- Line large cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place graham crackers on foil, as many as you can fit onto the pan. You may need to break some to fill to the edges, and that’s fine.
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add brown sugar.
- Stir constantly, bringing to a boil.
- Boil til foamy and remove from heat.
- Pour directly onto graham crackers, covering entire pan.
- Place in 400 degree oven and bake for five minutes or until top is bubbly everywhere.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips. When melted, spread over all the crackers.
- While still warm, add pecans or sprinkles.
- Allow to cool completely, then break into pieces.