Who wouldn’t want quick, easy, healthy, AND delicious pizza dough?
I know, right?
We make pizza often enough around here that I’ve got the silly recipe memorized. I love that it is five ingredients (excluding water)!!
Easy Pizza Dough
Here’s what you need:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups organic, unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1. Place warm water in bowl, and dissolve the sugar in it.
2. Quickly, before the water cools, put the yeast in and give it a mild stir, just to mingle it all together.
3. Go put on a load of laundry. Or change a diaper. Or check your email. Or water your plants. And then come back and behold the bubbly froth of yeasty goodness.
4. Now is the time to dump in the flour, salt, and olive oil.
5. Mix by hand, or if you’re lazy like me, in your mixer with the dough hook on low speed for a good five minutes or so.
6. Allow dough to rise in greased bowl, covered, in a warm spot, for a couple hours. I usually put my dough in the bowl to rise just after lunch to have it ready by dinner time.
7. This makes two big pizzas. When it’s time to make them, simply divide into two, and shape and flatten to accommodate your favorite pizza pan.