There’s no doubt that our boys munch all day.
Our kitchen is almost always buzzing with activity, as little hands reach for food to keep their growing bellies filled, and their bodies fueled for their work and play.
I have a habit of over-filling the pantry and fridge with their favorite healthy snacks. The easier, the better. And I have found that I don’t have to buy of bunch of processed junk food to accommodate for their (my) snacking throughout the day. In fact, because of the snacks I choose to keep on hand, the boys usually don’t need to ask permission to grab (unless it’s close to dinnertime).
Here’s what’s almost always in our fridge:
- clementines (Aren’t they the cutest and sweetest little things ever?)
- red, seedless grapes
- organic apples
- watermelon (cut in chunks)
- cantaloupe (cut in chunks)
- cheese sticks
- yogurt sticks
And in the pantry:
- dried fruit
- organic granola bars
- sunflower seeds
- granola (non-bar, call it cereal if you want….)
- multi-grain crackers
- dried peas
- sesame sticks
Our occasional snacks that involve a little extra help from Mom include:
- crispy chocolate chip granola bars
- crunchy oats & honey granola bars
- chocolate chip peanut granola bars
- winter granola
- granola energy balls
- homemade chocolate granola bars
- homemade peanut butter granola bars
- oatmeal cookies
- pico (with organic chips)
- guacamole (just eat with spoon… 😉 )
- creamy jalapeno dip (pour into mouth straight from the bowl)
- hummus and veggies
Man….I didn’t know how hungry I was til … just….now.
Get your free copy of Healthy, No-Bake Granola Bars here.