It may be summertime, but that doesn’t mean these boys don’t enjoy a big, hot bowl of chili every now and then. Especially Dylan LOVES this stuff! And he prefers his chili plain, with no fluff, so this recipe was inspired by him and created FOR him. If you liked turkey chili, you’ll like this recipe, too.
Served steaming hot right from the pot with a big hunk of cornbread, it’s an easy, hearty meal.
Easy Beef Chili
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 2 cans organic tomato sauce
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder (or dried onion)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- Brown meat and drain.
- Return meat to pot, add a cup of water, and all the spices. Stir.
- Add the tomato sauce and two cans of water. Stir.
- Simmer for 30 or 45 minutes, adding more water if too thick (and depending on how thick/thin you like your chili).
- If adding beans, put them into the pot 10 or 15 minutes before serving. (I do this so that I can serve those who do not want beans in their chili).