Beans. It’s what’s for breakfast.
And depending on the day, maybe even for snack. Today is one of those days.
I read some recipes that called for cream cheese and that did NOT sound good to me.
I read some others that called for hamburger meat. Wha? Thought this was supposed to be BEAN dip……
I quit reading and decided to make my own according to what sounded good to my pregnant brain and belly.
And guess what?
It’s delish! It was totally going to just be my pre-dinner snack (wouldn’t that just be called an appetizer?) but now I have plans to build dinner around it. Tortilla anyone?
Easy Bean Dip
- one 16 ounce can refried beans
- dash of each: seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder
- 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Place beans in sauce pan over medium heat and sprinkle in spices.
- Add cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Add salsa, stir, and cook for one minute.
- Add sour cream, stir and cook just til blended and hot – about a minute or two.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!