Noticing a theme here?
No, not the Mexican food one.
I love the words Easiest…Ever.
Because I am a mom. Of many.
So I appreciate Easy.
I also happen to really love healthy food at the same time.
Which is why this recipe is perfect for me.
And for you.
Easiest Tacos Ever
- can of black beans
- fresh, shredded Jack cheese (use cheddar if you like better) (and yes, I made that rhyme on purpose because I am the nerdiest of nerds)
- corn tortillas (or whole wheat flour….whatever you’re in the mood for)
- any other fixings you enjoy like lettuce, tomato, onion….
- Heat beans in sauce pan. Add a dash of cumin, salt and pepper, if you desire.
- Grate the cheese. (Notice I did not choose the words “cut the cheese”. Because if you live with seven or eight boys, someone WILL!!!)
- Steam your tortillas in the microwave for one minute. (Place a stack on a plate, then cover with another identical plate.)
Don’t forget to make your fresh Pico de Gallo and Guacamole to add to these babies! They just won’t be the same without this delicious duo!!!
Now, relax. Because you’ve just made an inexpensive, healthy and quick meal that your family will devour!!!
Here’s to eating like you’re running a marathon!!