Need a quick, filling, inexpensive dinner for your growing tribe? It doesn’t get much easier than this. For this Mexican food made-at-home dish, you’ll need your favorite instant rice, a can of refried beans, a LOT of jack and/or cheddar cheese, a quick batch of homemade enchilada sauce and corn tortillas.
Easiest Enchiladas Ever
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds freshly grated cheddar and/or jack cheese
- a package of corn tortillas
- enchilada sauce
- Grate jack and/or cheddar (I like to use a combination of the two for filling the enchiladas and just cheddar on top) cheese – at least a pound.
- Instead of frying (and adding unnecessary amounts of oil to the dish), simply place a stack of tortillas onto a plate, cover with another one of the same size and microwave to steam…about one minute.
- When tortillas are steamed, they’ll be nice and soft. One by one, fill with cheese and roll and place into greased casserole dish. I use a 13 x 9.
- Continue filling and rolling tortillas til pan is full. Then cover with sauce.
- Cover the enchiladas with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 425 til hot and bubbly.
Serve with hot refried beans and *rice.
* Reserve a big spoonful of enchilada sauce and add into rice when done.
Pretty yummy for 14 bucks or less. Plus, my army loves this meal.