This has got to be one of the easiest recipes on the planet. Which is why I made it for our dinner last night.
You need to sort of plan ahead though, since it takes 24 hours to slow cook this thing to perfection. Here’s how to get fall-apart-tender-and-delicious roast.
Crock Pot Roast
- rump roast
- 1 whole yellow onion
- several potatoes
- bunch of carrots
- (Do this sometime before you go to bed the night before you want to eat this for dinner.) Place a rump roast, fat-side up, (organic/grass-fed, please) in your crock pot on the lowest heat setting. Fill with water to half way cover the roast. Salt it. A LOT. You will think, “Oh, that’s too much salt!” But it won’t be.
- Check on it if you happen to wake up in the middle of the night. Don’t worry about it if you don’t. Add some water if it’s getting low.
- First thing in the morning, cut up an entire yellow onion, just into big slices, and throw in.
- Around lunch time, throw in some baby carrots – as many as you want. Turn the heat up to medium setting now.
- A couple hours later, wash, peel and cut as many potatoes as you can fit (or less) and throw them into the crock pot. Cover with water. Add some black pepper.
- By five or so, your dinner will be ready to serve.
Goes great with salad, rolls, green beans.