Our family loves roast in the slow cooker. And I love meals that cook all day in the crock pot with little or no help from me!
This is a great variation from roast, although it uses mostly the same vegetables. It tastes almost like a good chicken soup, but is definitely heartier.
This dish needs to be put on after breakfast, or at least by lunch, to ensure that it’s nice and done by dinner time.
So yummy and warm, and just perfect for those cooler fall temperatures and busy sports nights, too.
Serve with your favorite bread or rolls,
Hope your family enjoys!
Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts
- one box chicken broth
- 1/2 large yellow onion (or one small)
- 4 or 5 stalks celery
- 8 – 10 red potatoes
- 6 – 8 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Cut each chicken breast into three smaller pieces.
- Cut onion into thin slices and celery into small pieces.
- Place onion, celery, garlic cloves, and broth into crock pot and set on high.
- Place chicken into crock pot and put on lid.
- Cut carrots and potatoes into fork-size chunks and put into pot.
- Salt and pepper, then stir.
- Cook on high for six to eight hours or until vegetables are tender.