This smooth and creamy soup is perfect for nourishing souls on a blustery winter afternoon, and perfect for well, any other time, too!
Rich, delicious, nutritious comfort food! Can’t go wrong!
Creamy Potato Soup
- 7 or 8 gold potatoes, washed, NOT peeled
- 1/2 a yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 4 or 5 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
1. Cut potatoes into large chunks and cover with water in a large pot.
2. Throw in the onion chunks.
3. Boil together til soft, but not mushy.
4. Remove from burner.
5. Carefully place 2/3 of the potatoes, a lot of the water, and all of the onions from the pot into your blender. Also throw in the garlic cloves. Blend til smooth, always being careful that all of your children are a good distance away if anything were to splatter.
6. While that’s blending (it takes a minute or so), carefully mash the remaining potatoes in the pot with a masher, leaving some chunks on purpose. Yum!! Now, remove any floating potato skins with a spoon.
7. Put the pot back on the stove and add 1/3 cup of butter. Bring to boil.
8. Add the soup mixture from your blender, pouring carefully…..This stuff is H O T!
9. Once the soup returns to boiling, slowly stir in your milk.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste. It’s a lot, I’ll just warn you now. Just keep tasting till you get it how you want it. I probably used at least 4 teaspoons of salt and 3 teaspoons of pepper. Simmer for a few more minutes. It doesn’t take long at all!
For toppings, grated cheddar or bacon pieces are fabulous ideas!!
Now, grab someone and give them a big hug…..Because it’s cold outside…..and because you love them…..and because this soup is just that good.