Maybe it’s hormones.
Or maybe it’s the scorching Texas heat.
But I have had some dry skin this summer. Thanks to Stacy, from A Delightful Home, and her wonderful how-to book on simple scrubs, I quickly figured out a good scrub to help naturally exfoliate some parched arms, shoulders, legs, and feet.
I wouldn’t use this as a daily scrub, and although I have personally used it on my face for the occasional exfoliating scrub, I don’t recommend it for regular facial use.
I love the way this scrub tingles slightly, but the fresh scent! Oh, the fresh lemon is invigorating and so yummy!
It’s too easy to make, and so much healthier than chemical products, not to mention less expensive!!
Citrus Body Scrub
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried lemon peel
- juice of one lemon
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- Pulse dried lemon peel in coffee grinder until small, coarse pieces.
- In bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Place mixture in airtight half-pint mason jar.
- Use up to once or twice per week for exfoliating very dry skin.