The aroma of this pan baking in the oven had the boys running down the stairs and into the kitchen asking, “what is that SMELL, Mom!?” And when they tasted it, they weren’t disappointed. This stuff is delicious, y’all!
We eat it in a variety of ways. Straight from the mason jar I store it in, or as cereal, and today, we’re planning on making fruit and yogurt parfaits for a fun treat! This would be the perfect crunchy topping!
Hope you enjoy!
Cinnamon Maple Pecan Granola
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans – coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or real butter or combination of the two)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In small saucepan, stir together brown sugar, coconut oil (or butter), and maple syrup. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil.
- Once the mixture has boiled for 30 seconds or so, remove from heat and set aside.
- In large baking pan or cookie sheet, mix oats, coconut, and pecans.
- Pour liquid mixture onto oat mixture.
- Mix well to evenly coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled, add your favorite dried fruit, and eat plain or serve as breakfast cereal.